Skip to main content

Arsenal dealt Nathan Tormey blow as youngster confirms exit


Arsenal youngster Nathan Tormey has announced his departure from the Emirates Stadium after turning down a new contract offer.

The 20-year-old midfielder, who had been on the Gunners' books since a young age, was presented with the offer of a new three-year deal but he has made the decision to reject the offer and will now officially leave the Londoners when his deal expires on June 30.

Arsenal, of course, had plans to oversee the winger's future, as he was showing bags of potential after an encouraging season at Under-23s level, but he has made the decision to leave the club.

This season, Tormey had racked up 15 appearances in the Premier League 2, scoring four goals, as well as playing for the Gunners in the EFL Trophy against Northampton Town, Cambridge United and Peterborough United, showcasing just what he may be able to bring to the fore for the Gunners' first-team in the coming months.

But Tormey's hopes of forcing his way into Mikel Arteta's first-team plans following the decision that clubs could return to training last month were quashed as he had suffered an ACL injury, putting a stop to any first-team plans he may have had.

Announcing the news of his exit from the Emirates Stadium, Tormey wrote on Twitter: "I appreciate the offer of a new 3 year contract but I feel now is the time for me to move on.

"I would like to thank all the people at the club who have helped me become the player I am today and wish them all the best for the future.

"I am looking forward to a new challenge."

Whilst Tormey was showing promising signs for the Under-23s on the left flank, he had the likes of Bukayo Saka and Gabriel Martinelli ahead of him in the pecking order, meaning he may have used that as a motivation to explore a new challenge elsewhere in an attempt to secure regular first-team football.

READ ALSO: APC Crisis: Be Courageous To Suspend Buhari From Party Now – Adeyanju Tells Tinubu Loyalists

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OBA GHA TOH KPERE!! Oba Of Benin, Ewuare II Welcomes First Child On The Throne After Three Years Of Installation

The Oba of Benin, Omo N’Oba Ewuare II, on Monday announced the arrival of a newborn baby into the royal house. The traditional ruler, who was installed on October 20, 2016, welomed a baby boy with his second wife Princess Iyayota (Obazuwa Nerie) Oba Ewuare who disclosed this at a press briefing at his palace through the Iyase of Benin, thanked God and the ancestors for the baby, noting that mother and child are alive, hale and healthy. “By the grace of the Almighty God and the benevolence of our ancestors, the Benin Traditional Council on behalf of His Royal Majesty, Omo N’ Oba N’Edo Uku Akpolokpolo, Oba Ewuare II, Oba of Benin and the Royal Palace of Benin Kingdom, joyfully wish to announce that her Royal Highness, Queen Iyayota of Benin kindgom has been delivered of a bouncing baby boy,” the statement read “The infant Prince and his mother are in excellent health and good spirits. It is our prayers that the Prince will grow in good health, excellence and grace and that h...

'I Cried A Lot' - Arsenal Star Martinelli Opens Up On Knee Injury That 'Broke' Him

 The 19-year-old attacker has said that manager Mikel Arteta was a great support as he was returning to fitness. Arsenal attacker Gabriel Martinelli has admitted that the horror knee injury he suffered in June caused him a huge amount of pain both physically and emotionally. The young wide player sustained the issue during training, and though it did not feel like anything at first, it required surgery. After missing several months with the injury, Martinelli is now only finding his way back into competitive football. I was about to receive the ball and felt a little pain on my knee,” he told the Daily Mail. "Not enough for me to stop practising, but, while we were on the finishing session, I told them that I was in pain. They told me to rest and, if I felt the pain the next day, to let them know. “When I woke up, I felt it but I was able to walk. I thought it was nothing at first, but it was a pain I'd never felt before. I went to the club for the examinations and they said i...

UNSATISFIED Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Sarcastically Responds To 87-Rated FIFA 21 Card As Arsenal Talisman Receives Same Rating As Last Year

It’s safe to say Pierre-Emerick Aubemayang isn’t very happy about his FIFA 21 rating. The Gunners’ talisman has been handed an 87 rating for the new edition of the game – the same rating he was in FIFA 19. And the Gabon international has sarcastically responded to his card with a laughing face emoji. Aubameyang had another superb season for the Gunners, hitting 22 Premier League goals for Mikel Arteta’s side – the same he managed last year. However, the 31-year-old played a pivotal role in Arsenal’s FA Cup triumph, netting a brace against Chelsea to seal a first trophy in management for Arteta. Meanwhile, it is understood Aubameyang will ‘imminently’ sign a new three-year contract at the Emirates. It is understood he will become the club’s highest earner on his new deal, surpassing Mesut Ozil’s reported £350,000-a-week wages. The report adds Arteta has been integral in talks to keep the 31-year-old striker in north London. Former Arsenal head of football Raul Sanllehi is believed to ha...