Skip to main content

“I Wouldn’t Have Turned Out The Way I Did If My Dad Was Alive” – Kunle Afolayan


Popular actor and filmmaker, Kunle Afolayan has revealed that he would not have turned out the way he did of his father was alive.

This was contained in a post he shared on his official Instagram page on Thursday, 28th May.

Read what he wrote below:-
“My children asked me a few days ago if I missed and feel sad that my father passed long ago and he’s not here to witness how I have turned out.

“My response to them was that, yes, I miss my father so much but the honest truth is I wouldn’t have turned out the way I did if he was alive. They asked why and I said because he would have influenced my journey and I would have done and handled things differently.

“I could have turned out better or worst, I could have become a rebel or even choose a completely different career. I am a product of hard work and self-sufficient but I probably would never have ventured into the world of filmmaking if I wasn’t brought the world by and through him.

“My point is, if your parents do things and go all out for you, do appreciate and value their efforts while they are here.

“You will also meet some people along the way in the course of your journey, every contact with another human, animals, plants and nature is meant to help get you to the next phase of your journey in life. Some will bring positivity and some will bring negativity. Just be wise enough to know and deal with either accordingly.

“Thank you to every beautiful human being I have met in the course of my journey, I wouldn’t have gotten this far without you all ie, Baba my, Miami, brothers, sisters, friends, ex-girlfriends, family, schoolmates, colleagues, clients, godparents and enemies.”

READ ALSO: NDDC Shuts Down Operations, Directs Officials To Go Into Self-Isolation

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mikel Arteta Makes Special Transfer Request As Willian Undergoes Arsenal Medical

 Mikel Arteta reportedly made a special request to the Arsenal board to sign Willian. And it seems the Gunners manager got his wish, as the Brazilian has reportedly undergone his medical in north London, after confirming on Sunday he is leaving Chelsea. Arteta is keen to strengthen his Arsenal side this summer but must do so with limited funds. The club have been linked with such stars as Philippe Coutinho, Thomas Partey and Willian in recent months, with the latter the priority. According to The Telegraph, Arteta made a special request to the Arsenal board, and asked them to 'specifically' sign Willian, despite his age. The Spaniard is said to be a big fan of the 32-year-old, and strongly believes that he will improve his Arsenal team next season. The Evening Standard has reported this Monday that Willian has now completed his medical at Arsenal, and will soon pen a three year deal worth £150,000-a-week. Willian said goodbye to Chelsea after seven years in a statement on Sunda...

Arsenal Fans Convinced Gabriel Magalhaes Transfer Is Imminent After Latest Instagram Post

Arsenal fans are convinced Gabriel Magalhaes is in north London and could sign for the club today. It is believed that the Gunners could complete a deal to sign Lille defender Gabriel Magalhaes today, despite a late bid from Manchester United. That’s according to multiple reports on Saturday morning, that claim the Gunners have made an “intriguing offer” to Lille. United made a late move for the Brazilian centre-back, but Arsenal matched Napoli’s offer of €26m plus €4m add-ons, according to the reports. This means Magalhaes is now very close to joining the Gunners, and bar a late bid from United, the deal could be completed over the weekend. And now Arsenal fans are convinced Gabriel’s transfer is imminent following his latest Instagram post. One supporter posted a tongue-in-cheek picture with joke annotations to signify why Gabriel could be in London. Lille's president Gerard Lopez confirmed last weekend that several clubs had met their asking price for the Brazilian. "He [Ga...

OBA GHA TOH KPERE!! Oba Of Benin, Ewuare II Welcomes First Child On The Throne After Three Years Of Installation

The Oba of Benin, Omo N’Oba Ewuare II, on Monday announced the arrival of a newborn baby into the royal house. The traditional ruler, who was installed on October 20, 2016, welomed a baby boy with his second wife Princess Iyayota (Obazuwa Nerie) Oba Ewuare who disclosed this at a press briefing at his palace through the Iyase of Benin, thanked God and the ancestors for the baby, noting that mother and child are alive, hale and healthy. “By the grace of the Almighty God and the benevolence of our ancestors, the Benin Traditional Council on behalf of His Royal Majesty, Omo N’ Oba N’Edo Uku Akpolokpolo, Oba Ewuare II, Oba of Benin and the Royal Palace of Benin Kingdom, joyfully wish to announce that her Royal Highness, Queen Iyayota of Benin kindgom has been delivered of a bouncing baby boy,” the statement read “The infant Prince and his mother are in excellent health and good spirits. It is our prayers that the Prince will grow in good health, excellence and grace and that h...